Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 my SECOND program ever
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Saad85

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:49 pm   Post subject: my SECOND program ever

ok, my first one sucked, i'll admit it.. but i'm quite proud of this one. it's a lot like asteroids, but with 3 weapons. the asteroids were origionally mwant to split off like the origional game but i gave up on that.

it's NOT done yet! i still have to add in the collision detection, and some things to the hud, but its mostly finished. it will probably be finished tomorrow or the day after

as to the code- it is really messy and inefficient at times, but i have changed it quite a bit, and remember that im about 2 and a half weeks into the whole programming thing so i dont know a lot of the stuff. as always, comments/info plz and thx

just so you know, arrow keys to move, ctrl to fire, and enter to change wepons

EDIT dont download this1, its obsolete Smile dl the one i posted farther down

spaceship.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  spaceship.rar
 Filesize:  229.53 KB
 Downloaded:  223 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
iker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd just like to say, great effects on the flame thrower. It looks like its going to be a great game, but as of now, there is no score or way to hit the bubbles, unless you did not do that yet... anyways, keep up the good work
Saad85

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea, that's basically all i have left to do.

also, i just wanted to say thx to whoever did that asteroid-style movement tutorial cuz i used that to get me started.
Saad85

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, im finished the game. i rather like the way it's turned out.

there is 1 major glitch-- the asteroids pass through each other a lot.. they aren't supposed to do that (dont know why, but its actually pretty rare to see them collide like they are supposed to). im not in the mood to find and fix it cuz the game words fine as it is. if some1 wants to find it for me, i would be thankful but my code isnt very reader-friendly

other than that, it works fine.

if you want to know why/how i did something just post here or pm me and i shall explain

lastly, if you have any suggestions for additions i could do to this game, plz post them cuz i need ideas

heres the code-

edit: this one is now obsolete

spaceship.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  231.95 KB
 Downloaded:  136 Time(s)

[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Good game Smile.

Two suggestions, look up and use Font.Draw for your "dead" text, and add a score (adds some point to the game). Also, for the slow strong bullets, make them do a bit more damage (they fire really slow).

Keep it up!

*edit*
As for your code, indentation is 3-4 spaces - use 'tab' and press F2 every once in a while. Also, you'll want to look up records.
Saad85

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Good game Smile.

Two suggestions, look up and use Font.Draw for your "dead" text, and add a score (adds some point to the game). Also, for the slow strong bullets, make them do a bit more damage (they fire really slow).

Keep it up!

*edit*
As for your code, indentation is 3-4 spaces - use 'tab' and press F2 every once in a while. Also, you'll want to look up records.

thx. i didnt change my code organization, but i made a score keeper, and a better ending. also, i made the sniper a bit stronger, but remember that they pass through the enemys and can hit multiple ones in one go.

spaceship.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  232.72 KB
 Downloaded:  141 Time(s)

Mr. T

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:05 am   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

The number's within the bubbles go less than 0 before they get deleted.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: