Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 my first program ever (suggestions/comments plz)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Saad85

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:19 pm   Post subject: my first program ever (suggestions/comments plz)

this is my first program ever.(well, not really, but my first REAL one, cuz i've made other things such as a basic moving objects etc.)In fact, i wrote my very first line of code ever about 4 days ago, so plz try not to make fun.

problems:
-the code is really unorganised after all the tinkering i've done to it
-tank flashes
-projectile sometimes passes through thinner objects, especially at higher velocity
-i suck at making maps

if you want, change my code in any way you want. plz feel free to give tips because i am a total noob. also, is there any other/better way to simulate the parabolic motion of the projectile? because all i did was take formulas from my physics class and change them around a bit.

ty

tank!.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tank!.rar
 Filesize:  153.87 KB
 Downloaded:  201 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
do_pete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you should put it in a .zip file since not everyone has winrar. Anyways not bad start. You should make it so you that you can shoot and move at the same time. Also use View.Update to get rid of the flicker.
Saad85

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry, here is the zip file.

also, is there any way i can create a permanent hole other than save the new map and recall it?

tank!.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tank!.zip
 Filesize:  156.84 KB
 Downloaded:  109 Time(s)

jamonathin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Look up Pic.New and Pic.Save. You can create holes in your land, take a pic with Pic.New, and save it with Pic.Save. Smile
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: