Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 a game i'm reworking. plz test it for me.
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Saad85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:34 am   Post subject: a game i'm reworking. plz test it for me.

alright, im by no means pro when it comes to programming, but i know a little bit. a while ago, i had a phase where i started learning it, so.. yea.

anyway, way back when, i made a game similar to asteroids.

you can download it here:
http://files-upload.com/files/58643/spaceship.zip.html
(extract the .exe and .bmp to the same folder and run the .exe)

arrow keys to move, ctrl to shoot, and enter to change wepons.

well lately, i went back and looked over the code and surprise, surprise. it blows. totally inefficient, and it would be difficult to add things. so.. yea i decided to remake it from scratch. i've been working on it for the past couple days and im almost done remaking it. the only thing left to add is collision.. so far, nothing collides with anything else.

basically, i was hoping you guys could try it and tell me what it needs/doesn't need. new ideas for weapons, or enemies would be appreciated.

you can download the incomplete version here:
http://files-upload.com/files/58645/unfinished.rar.html

arrow keys to move, ctrl to shoot, shift to change weapons.

also, you can go into debug mode (by pressing d) to view some stuff.. just try it out. when in debug mode, you can press enter to kill a random asteroid, to see how i handled dead asteroids in the array (they "bubble" out, similar to the shots, but slower)

(source code is included, plz comment on it if you have the patience to read it)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ericfourfour

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:54 am   Post subject: RE:a game i\'m reworking. plz test it for me.

Your subject seems a bit intimidating. Try not asking for help in the subject (especially using the word please, or any variation), but rather put some insight into what it is you are doing/trying to do. Doing this will not only increase the amount of people who view your topic, but also increase the amount of respect people give you.
Saad85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:04 am   Post subject: RE:a game i\'m reworking. plz test it for me.

umm, k.

i'll change that. thanks.

EDIT: can't change it. darn.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: