Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing... DDE...?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:44 pm   Post subject: Turing... DDE...?

I renamed one of my source files "[Source] Game" and opened it (Turing is set to open .t filetypes) and I got a bunch of errors. First it said "unrecognized command sent via DDE Command: Source". Anyone know what this is? I think that DDE is Dynamic Data Exchange, but not much more. Did Turing or windows take [Source] as a parameter?

Here is exactly what I did:
-I have an instance of Turing already open.
-I open [Source] Filename
-Wait 5 seconds or so before clicking OK on the error message.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Not getting the same msg. Try post the actual file (either w/ or w/out the [Source]). What version of OOT are you on? 4.0.5?
As for DDE...not sure what that is, ne'er heard of it.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've got 4.05. I tried this on another computer, and it didn't happen. Probably something I have set to recognize the [] as something... Even on the computer which it did get the error messages, without the [Source] it worked fine.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing error messages can be interesting sometimes. Just take a look at this. Interestingly it works well enough under Wine (aside from regular crashes).
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very interesting. I said earlier that Turing includes Ready to Program too, it's just disabled. I guess they didn't disable it perfectly.
ViRuAl_InFeCtiON_vErsIonX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:35 pm   Post subject: New

You could always change .t to .dem or .tu . I don't know if that helps but it tried Very Happy
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, I think it's something directly related to the [someThingGoesHere]. As long as it isn't causing any more problems, it's ok, I was just curious.
beard0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It has to do with setting for how you open turing files. To fix, in a folder window go to Tools/Folder Options...
Once there, follow this picture: Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
and ensure that the settings in the last window are like those shown (the cut-off parameter is:
-nowindow %1
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow. My settings are a bit different. Where there is the path to the executable mine has "<pathgoeshere>" "%1"
What does " -nowindow %1" do?

Also, I don't have anything in the "DDE Message" box.
beard0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The nowindow is an extra (not needed) option. %1 refers to the filename of the file being clicked, so the program knows what file to open. That line is the one passed to the command line processor. No having anything in the "DDE Message" box is your problem - I removed that line on my comp, and got your error message. Replaced it and all's well.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ah, alright then. Thanks Smile.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: