Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Why you nick
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MihaiG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:12 pm   Post subject: Why you nick

well this to see..why you made ur nick the way u did..ill start us off..
well i listen to rage against the machines...and they have the che guevera thing who was also known as elcomandante...

anther example woudll be..cervantes--because of Miguel de Cervates..who wrote Don quixote..etc..*just assuming*

post ur reasons Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Neo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Because I liked the matrix at the time but now I think it sucks especially after see the 2nd movie so I didnt even want to watch the third.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"Hikaru" is from Hikaru no Go. The "79" is completely random and has nothing to do with my year of birth (88)
Notoroge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm all about aesthetics. I chose to create a name that sounds cool, and looks neat in writing. Smile
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, hmm, because of Lord of the Rings. Amazing wizard, great books, and makes a great name Smile. How else do you get people to call you things like "Gandolf" "Goondulf" "Glandaf" and everyones favourite "Gagnalf" Laughing.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Althougth my name seems kind of self promting and full of my self i acuacatly did not come up with it and it was just my nick name online that peoleop refured to me as at the time i made this site.

The eveltion of my nick was somthing like this:

Daniel
Dan
Computer Dan
Crazy Computer Dan (AKA Crazy Computer Guy, Crazy Computer Dude)
Crazy Hacking Dude (AKA Crazy Hacking Guy)
Hacker Dude (AKA Hacker Guy, Hacker X)
Hacker Dan

Most of thos where from poleop on IRC, tho no one on this site incuding tony knew me b4 the last one. I like to think of the Hacker part not as in what the media deftion of a hacker is but in the terdiantion one of some one who makes programs for fun and not profite or some one who test the limits of comuter systems.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Its my name.
brenn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Because I am stupid, and signed up under 'Bren' initially, and it being 4 am in the morning, I clicked the miniture checkbox that indicated I was under 13 years of age. -__-
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
Its my name.

QFT Dance
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OMG! I just deleted a post by Dan! I feel special now Laughing
In case you were wondering, it was a double post of the same message, made 13 minutes later....

My handle comes from Greek mythology. The legendary island of gold in the Aegean see, Delos, birthplace of Artemis and Apollo (twin son and daughter of Zeus, by a mortal I believe). He was scared that Hera (his wife) would kill them (as he usually was) so he found and island to have them birthed on. Sadly, this island was floating away, so he got his "son"* Hesphaestus to chain it to the bottom of the sea.

*Hesphaestus wasn't really Zeus' son, since he didn't have a father. Hera impregnated herself by shear willpower...and was mortified that the result was not a perfect figure so she tossed him from Mt. Olympus, a fall that crippled him. Her loss, since he took up shop in volcanoes (hence his Roman name) and became an awsome blacksmith. So good in fact, that he was invited back to Mt. Olympus where he made an über-cool chair for his mother, but when she sat in it, it contorted and almost killed her. That taught her, fo' shizzle!

[sigh] Fond memories of my days in Classics class...our teacher was so bloody hot! Ah, that was a long time ago.

@Tony, you mean you're name
isn't tony, but Tony!!?!? Shocked
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Delos wrote:
OMG! I just deleted a post by Dan! I feel special now Laughing
In case you were wondering, it was a double post of the same message, made 13 minutes later....

Thank you, my comp was crashing as i post that and i guse odd things happened. I supsecited it could have double posted and just came back to check.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:48 am   Post subject: Re: Why you nick

El Comandante wrote:

anther example woudll be..cervantes--because of Miguel de Cervates..who wrote Don quixote..etc..*just assuming*

Well, it was more to do with the pirate from Soul Calibur. (Hence the Pirate Mod rank.) But whatever floats your boat! Very Happy

Cool story, Delos. It's neat how you chose your name as an island rather than a god. Smile You really hate being a god, don't you? (What with the hating of the newbie god rank and all)
Delos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, my other choice would have been Argeïphontes, which would have been a god's name, but I decided against that since it's pretty damn long, and I can't have a long username and password.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My nickname comes from grade 8. My friends and I were doing a video tape of a boxing fight on a trampoline, and my friend had 4 gloves (2 pair), where 1 pair belonged to his brother johnathin. Well, i picked up a pair, and he asked whose I had, and the way the name was written on the inside of the glove (sweat made it blurry), it looked like "Jamonathin". And then that's what my friend kept calling me.
md

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Got up one morning at camp hungery. Very hungry. So I ate three boxes (yes boxes) of cornflakes.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 35 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: