Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New Commands for Turing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:07 pm   Post subject: New Commands for Turing

I am starting the summer project. And I want you the people to tell me what commands you would liek to see.

Here is the list so far.
Rotated draw oval
3D box - completed?
GUI
Thick basic shapes
Pic.Opacity
Triangles
Array average
Better sprites
Music player
Array Shuffle (2d arrays)
Draw line that works off slope
Slope Func
Advanced Math.tu
stringSplit
button-switch for characters using Input.Keydown
LCD (lowest common denomonator)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
GlobeTrotter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tan and tand
Bacchus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Get a newer version of Turing Razz
4.0.5 wrote:
tan tangent function (radians)

Syntax tan ( r : real ) : real

Description The tan function is used to find the tangent of an angle given in radians. For example, tan (p/4) is 0.5.

Example This program prints out the tangent of 0, p/6, 2p/6, 3p/6, up to 12p/6 radians.

4.0.5 wrote:
tand tangent function (degrees)

Syntax tand ( r : real ) : real

Description The tand function is used to find the tangent of an angle given in degrees. For example, tand (45) is 1.

Example This program prints out the tangent of 0, 30, 60, 90, up to 360 degrees.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Lol, I need to be more clear I don;t just want 2 word posts, there needs to be a reason behind.

Example:

Dealer module: This could be created to solve everyone's card dealing problems. Not the best example but along those lines, kinda spur of the moment.
GlobeTrotter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How about adding a drawoval/drawfilloval command that allowes you to draw rotated ovals, not just ones where the stretch is along the x/y axis.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ummm be more clear, do you mean 3-D??
Bacchus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think they mean an oval that is streched between the x and y axis, say stretched along a 45degree angle. As for the shuffling module, I don't think it should be made exclusivly for shuffling cards. If we do that then we'd be doing a big chunk of someones FP for them. Maybe something just to randomize the numbers that is inputted.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya I know, I needed an I at 1 am thats all, Like I said Bad example. But yes a array shuffler has been made already, but the guy has reposted after the crash. As for that circle I don't think that can be donw, correct me if I am wrong, but yes the Actucal command can be chnaged but I believe The actuacl funtion is hardcoded. We would have to invent a whole new circle command.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know, this might not be completely neccessary. It would be nice to have a sortof "split" module. It would take a filled in circle (drawfilloval) or some other shape and assign each pixel to an array, keeping the x,y,and colour of it. Then you could manipulate those pixels. I don't know, that's my line of thinking right now (type of stuff I'm focusing on), and I'm not that creative.

It seems Turing is not really lacking too many commands, from the amount of responses this topic has been getting. I think it's something about the actual environment and 'language'.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That could be interesting, I think that yes the inviroment is a problem, but there are lots of error's, for instance we could create a error database were it would give examples how to fix all error's, w could finish off the GUI, We could add more complex stuff to it. That is why we need xperts becasue not to many people are aware of problems or things to add. B ut we could even have fun and game modules if all else fails.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Can the oval thingy not be done by looping arcs? Thinking
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maybe Like I said in other post i need people to help me before I can move on. Brainstorming will Have to wait.
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:
Can the oval thingy not be done by looping arcs?

Unfortunately no. Arcs are also stretched along the x and y axis. What could work though, is an ellipse:

code:

proc ellipse (X, Y, X2, Y2, size, col : int)
    for i : X2 - size .. X + size
        for j : Y2 - size .. Y + size
            if sqrt ((X - i) ** 2 + (Y - j) ** 2) + sqrt ((X2 - i) ** 2 + (Y2 - j) ** 2) <= size then
                Draw.Dot (i, j, col)
            end if
        end for
    end for
end ellipse

where (X,Y) and (X2, Y2) are the focii of the ellipse, and size is the size of the ellipse.
[/quote]
Jorbalax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm...
Here's a simple one, to start;

Draw.Thick(Oval/Box/...) (x, y, xradius, yradius, thickness, color : int)
- Draws a shape with a thick borderline.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here, I juss whipped together a Box3D and FillBox3D program. The way I did the FillBox3D may not of been the easiest, and by all means, edit it.

Its too long to post code cuz I put a demo with it.

Heres basically what it is

Poly.Box3D (x1, y1, x2, y2, x-dist [3d], y-dist [3d], color)
Poly.FillBox3D (x1, y1, x2, y2, x-dist [3d], y-dist [3d], colorfill, colorlines)

box3d.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  box3d.t
 Filesize:  1.81 KB
 Downloaded:  159 Time(s)

Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 8  [ 119 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: