Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 =OFFICIAL COMPSCI.CA STARCRAFT TOPIC=
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Which Is True?
(No ending time set)
I Play Starcraft.
62%
 62%  [ 17 ]
I Play Some Other Battle.net Game.
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
I Dont Play On Battle.net
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 27

Dylan-182

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:19 am   Post subject: =OFFICIAL COMPSCI.CA STARCRAFT TOPIC=

THIS IS NOW THE OFFICIAL STARCRAFT TOPIC FOR COMPSCI.CA Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dylan-182

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

oh and by "more then one human player at a time" i ment on battlenet of course lol
Notoroge

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Elaborate. What do you mean by "only one human player at a time"? And, is there any way to reproduce this error? If it's something really technical, I suggest doing what Tech Support always tell you to do first, reinstall the game. After that, if the problem persists, contact them and tell them that you've already tried reinstalling it. Because guaranteed that's the first response you'll get.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Me = used to play starcraft 3 hours a day Very Happy.

You could try contacting tech support, but first try and solve the problem by yourself. The simplest explanation for this problem would be that you only have a 2 player map, or just one that supports 2 human players. Also, another basic explanation would be that you have some sort of weird team settings, try changing that to "melee". It could be that you are playing an only "use map settings" map, so the teams are locked. If those are not your problem, and you are sure it is not just a simple misunderstanding/setting problem then you would have to "elaborate" or contact tech support.

Oh, and also make sure you have no mods or hacks for the game.

Oh, and also check if you have the most recent version (last I remember it was 1.12b or something).
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Are you sure you're not running the "Spawned" version or whatever it was called? If I recall correctly, that was one of the restrictions on that version of Starcraft -- you could only have one human opponent at a time.
Dylan-182

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nah its not the spawned version and i have tried reinstalling it like 10 times hahaha thats y i have no idea whats going on oh and by one human player i ment when it ry 2 play over battlenet with friends it will only let me play with one friend at a time. it will let me play with as many comps as i like but only 1 person its very wierd Confused
Notoroge

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What exactly happens? As in, does it crash? Is there an error? When you make a game, can only one person join and it says "You can't join this player's game" to anyone else? I don't get the error you're getting. Have any screenshots of this error?
Dylan-182

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what happens is it says the latency of the game creator is too high but both my comp and my friends comps can run starcraft just fine and it shuldnt b lagging us out Confused i could take a screen shot if u want lol
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Notoroge

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Teehee, do you have a router? Smile I think I know what the problem is.
Dylan-182

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol nope no router, should i have a router Surprised
Notoroge

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hm, well, do you have a firewall? I used to get these same errors, but it was because of my router. This might apply to you though, never know. http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=msi0445p
Dylan-182

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol yea i have a firewall
Notoroge

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Read that page then. It should fix the problem. Wink
Dylan-182

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol im currently reading it but its really confuzzling hahaha i have noo00oo00oo idea what they are saying when it comes 2 how 2 fix it for the xp firewall Very Happy
Notoroge

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just read them carefully. They're pretty detailed. Razz Either way, I'm going to sleep right now. It's nap time. I'll check this thread in the morning. That should fix that problem though. It did for me. Before, no one ever joined my games, and everyone did join my friends'. Eventually I opened those ports, and all the games I make get flooded with people joining them now. So, yeah. Hope it does the same for you. Wink
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 11  [ 160 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: