Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP] PacMan by: Shorty Software <Get It Here (Updated)
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

My game is...
(No ending time set)
Amazing..
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Good...
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Needs Improvement...
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Sucks...
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Average
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:10 pm   Post subject: [FP] PacMan by: Shorty Software <Get It Here (Updated)

VERY IMPORTANT! If Game Is TOO Slow! Enter 'kevin' or 'n' For Is ur PC Fast Question! Even though ur PC Rocks, U will have To Enter That If Enemies Are Slow!!!!

sorry for big text,... but soo many ppl are thinking game runs too slow and it sucks... ITS NOT TRUE.... i will lower the delay and fix it up a bit more... posibly add more levels.... ill repost hopefully in two weeks!
i had to increase delay (3months ago) because ppl with fast computers experienced INSTANT death... so i raised it... but unfortunately i raised it too much... and its a lot of work to recompile it all up! so just use 'n' and 'kevin' if enemies arn't moving fast enough!

PLEASE VOTE
My Grade: Gr.10 did this first semester (like november to jan)
I hope everyone Enjoys my game
Programing Languge Used: Turing
Length to make this game: 4 Months
Length Of Code: 3000 + [/color]
Note: I think its at 3045 but i keep modifying stuff ( adding removiong code)
Note: I fixed the working directory bug taht maverick mentioned\
Note: Updated on March 12th, fixing various small but important bugs, these were new, after i added the boss, pause, sound buttons
PLEASE PM your highscore + time if you want your MAD high score added to the high score list in game
Next Post Has Download
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey all... this is the moment everyones been waiting for... the BIG unvailing of PacMan Semi-Final Version v4.9....
Note: version 5 will be my FINAL VERSION!!!!

Note: I made an installer using gInstall... it also contains an uninstall, and links in start menu. And it cant be posted here, so its on a blank website so i can count the hits www.geocities.com/the_short22/fp.html

(If You Dont Like Installers, THen THere is a .zip version of it on the SECOND page, near the bottom) that is uploaded to compsci
All there is on website is the link to my file at my SHAW server (unlimited bandwidth)

Note: Filesize has been reduced DRAMATICALLY, to 1MB FLAT !!!

Note: The backround beat has been changed totaly to new music, plus from .mp3 to .mid so its realy small

Note: There are about a dozen new graphics + sounds since v3.5

NOTE: TO MOVE USE ARROW KEYS

PLEASE read the Read 1st.txt file included with links in start menu, as it contains IMPORTANT INFORMATION! Also it outlines the limitations and the known issues in game

Note: PLEASE, feel free to post,email, or PM me anything that concerns you, or that bothers you, or ... if you just REALY liked it
programer007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

DUDE... that is soo much better then the v3.5 that i downloaded off you site... way to go... i gave it an Amazing... i also did not find any errors
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

game doesnt work. It said run time error has occured in this program.
Line 230 of Illegal picture ID number '0' Probable cause picture was not successfully created
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

FRICKING Crap... the picture is there.... ok.. i will increase the delay...

it changes picture when its EATING ....so...
if your PC is too fast... it might try to Pic.Draw while while picture is still trying to change,.... i tried the installer on my sysem and it WORKED

EDIT: it turned out to be the installer... simple little error..

i will re-release.... CRAP
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok just tell me when u re-release plz id like to play it.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

All fixedAll fixed... it turns out it wasn't the picture changing deal... it was the fact that i forgot why i stoped using gInstall for a while....

turing needs to know where its running from so you need a working directory in shortcut...

i did not know how to do taht... so yea..
i looked in help and finnaly found all the commands you can add to shortcut creation.. and workdir="c:\shorty software\pac man" was all i needed to do.,...

COOL... now i can use gInstall more often... and i iwll be re-updating my sites Template file for gInstall to include that...

I NOW FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!!!
thx maverick for speaking up.. I hate disatisfied people..
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yay, I think Im in that game, didn't check, isn't that right short 1??? Any game with me in it is amazing Wink j/k No, really, the game is really good.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I like it alot just a few things. I got a runtime eror once but i think it was something wrong with one of the lines it said or sumthing but it never happened again, I just dont like the ghosts going thru walls it makes it pretty damn hard. overall gg.
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I actually won. Yay for me.

Best part about the programme? Midi and Wav going at the same time. Didn't know you could do that. Good stuff.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can only play the .mid and .wav at same time if y6ou have new version

for backround beat:
Music.PlayFileLoop ("blah.mid")

then to play a sound effect
Music.PlayFileReturn ("die.mid")

these are new to v4.05
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Please note, paul bian your score will be added soon.... i wil;l update it again today adding a couple more scores.... plus i will start backround music AFTER intro... also... adding a sound on off button durring middle of game... button will be 's'... also i will be adding delta's MAD high score...
anyone else with a score to add... please tell me...

also..... that one runtime error is documented in Known errors: that that text file....

sometimes when its changing pictures... it catches it off gaurd...

anyways... tahnks for the comments... keep em comming...

also if the game is not hard... whats the fun?

PS: if you want to see my code... feel free to ask... but... i will only give out to high ranking individuals in which i trust wont call the game their own
recneps

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice, but programmer007 is looking kinda similar to someone else...Razz
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya theyre the same guy.
recneps

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know lol, thats what i was hinting at.. And a cheap way to get votes i might add :/...
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: