Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Just a warning of possible stupid questions
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
thoughtful

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:12 pm   Post subject: Just a warning of possible stupid questions

I am going to be involved in a First Robotics team. We make robots in this team. The CPU or Controller this year works on the syntax of C which as i understand is quite simillar to C++. I am going to be overlooking the programming also and i will recommend some guys here. They all work with turing in the school so if someone asks really dumb question or asks to write like a small program for them it will not be used for handing in or marks. And please bare with them and dont ban them for my sake cause some of the question might be stupid, and by might i just mean will be.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the robotics competition? cool, I know Massey will be joining that, has anyone else went to this competition? If so, what kind of programs will be the best to use, like does efficiency matter that much, stuff like that?
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, azn, lets make our robot so that it hacks the other robots... if thats possible that is...
thoughtful

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well no you cannot hack other robots but that would be cool. You can push shove and hit other robots but not use weapon as in cutting through the other robot.

Basically the programming revolves around Electronic outputs which determine the current to the motors, solenoids etc.
We can get input fromt he robot such as sensors.

I looked at the default code they gave us and it is mostly simple involving if statements mostly. But there are a lot of function and procedures as i remember. I will give my team a simple crash course on turing to C but some of them don't even know functions in turing so i dont want to teach them in C as i am very new to C. And they will get stuck once they have to work with those functions and procedures.But i know that i can rely on guys like you and i am pretty confident that you people will explain the code much better than me if they need help.

To check what i am talking about go to http://www.firstcanadianregional.org
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

no i noe what ur talking about... my school went last yr
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

heh. So what? We gonna have a CompSci team? Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
thoughtful

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol i wish but, the enty costs about $8,000
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

really? can i join? the compsci team i mean
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shure you just got to pay for the enetery fee, lol
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thoughtful, is it c or c++
and dan, dont you know that i'm chinesy? not chinese, chinesy. ask azn what that means if u care to know
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Chinesy (adj): a crude term referring to people with oriental descent who exhibits the following collection of characteristics: stinginess, having zero social life, the extended development of the left cerebrum (i.e., very adapt at mathematics and will most likely involve themselves in a career related to engineering), and in most cases, the ability to play a popular imported Japanese game that requires the player to imitate dancing by stepping on arrows embedded within a platform.

8)
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ROFL Laughing I like how you refered to the DDR 8)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
McKenzie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thoughtful, am I missing something here? I checked out your link. It says that the programming language is PBASIC (Parallax BASIC.) Seems to me that your crew dosn't need to learn C, they need to learn BASIC. As an aside "The ground Cero guide to C" (you can find it online with any search engine) is probably the easiest read if you know how to program and want to learn basic ANSI-C syntax.
SilverSprite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I hope you guys know that i'm doing the programming for the robot this year... (referring to asiansensation and dodge Razz)
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

are you? cool, but I thought bugz was doing it?
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: